Here are some dates for you to take note of:
- September 18 @ 3pm: We gather to show support to one of our newest members, Planet Wings, at their ribbon cutting ceremony. Join us, along with Mayor Noam Bramson, as we help welcome this new eatery located at 134 North Ave.
- New Rochelle Arts Fest is this weekend! September 22 & 23. Follow this link for a complete listing of venues and performances: www.newrochellearts.org
- Chamber Chat on WVOX: October 10 @10am. Jennifer Flowers, President and Owner at Accreditation Guru, is on. www.AccreditationGuru.com If you would like to join us for one of our shows, call us at 914-632-5700 to set a date.
- Young Professionals of Southern Westchester: October 18 Our second seminar/networking event on Social Media takes place at NoMa Social in Radisson Hotel. Details to follow!
- Our 49th Annual Thanksgiving Parade takes place November 17! Our planning committee is already in motion!
Hope to see you there!
The Chamber of Commerce of New Rochelle’s Thanksgiving Parade brought out thousands of New Rochelle residents to celebrate the unofficial start of the holiday season. Parade Grand Marshall Ray Kiernan led the way. Chamber President Cynthia Lobo and Executive Director Eli Gordon led the Chamber contingent down North Avenue and up Main Street to the reviewing stand at Memorial Plaza. Saving the best for last Santa Claus closed out the parade much to the delight of children along the way.
Leah Rae has a wonderful article in the Journal News about the return of the Chamber of Commerce of New Rochelle’s Annual Thanksgiving Parade to New Rochelle”
Marching bands, baton twirlers, veterans groups, floats, antique cars and even Santa himself are on the bill.
“The only thing we don’t have — and I have to apologize for — is we don’t have elephants,” said Eli Gordon, the chamber’s executive director.
Valenti-New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade Returns, Fire Commissioner Raymond “Doc” Kiernan Grand Marshal
The 47th Annual parade will kick off at 10:00 am from its traditional location on North Avenue at Eastchester Road, and then proceed south down North Avenue to Main Street. At Main Street the parade will turn right and proceed west, ending at the Maple Avenue Parking Lot. The viewing stand will be at Memorial Plaza, at the corner of Main Street and Memorial Highway.
The parade is sponsored through the generosity of John and Charles Valenti. As always, it will feature bands, floats, schools, and much, much more! The parade program will be available on the City’s website at http://www.newrochelleny.com. This year’s Grand Marshall is New Rochelle Fire Commissioner Raymond “Doc” Kiernan, who has proudly served the department and the City for over three decades and since 1985 as commissioner.
In conjunction with this beloved community event, Mayor Noam Bramson and the New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce are teaming up to promote “$20 on the 20th”, encouraging parade attendees and all residents of New Rochelle to spend at least $20 at a local business.
For more information and inquiries about sponsorships and participation, contact Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Eli Gordon at 632-5700.
Don’t miss an exciting Thanksgiving Day Parade in New Rochelle. There will be lots of Bands, Marchers, Pipers, Floats etc. and tons of fun for everyone to enjoy, clowns too. If you want your group to march in the parade, complete and return attached form. Space is limited so hurry and return the form back by Friday, November 12 to be included. For any questions please call 915-632-5700.
Thanksgiving Parade Poster courtesy of Brad Spear